Industrial Park Specifications
The State Certified Dowagiac Industrial Park has 126 acres available for development. This park is reserved for manufacturing, assembly, research and development, testing, processing, high-tech and associated office and warehouse space. Protective Covenants are in place to protect your investment and corporate image.
Prices for property in the industrial park start at $1,250/acre. The City will pay a realtor's commission of 6% for lots in Phase IV and will negotiate a commission/fee for lots in Phases I, II and III. The City of Dowagiac in conjunction with the State of Michigan can offer a number of business incentives.
Transportation: Approximately 25 miles from 2 interstate highways: I-94 to the north and the Indiana Toll Road I-80/90 to the south.
- All season state highways connect Dowagiac to both interstate highways
- The park is approximately ½ mile to the truck route
- Port facilities available at Benton Harbor approximately 30 miles from the site
- Dowagiac Municipal Airport: Class A airport for the corporate pilot. 4,700 ft lighted runway
- South Bend Regional Airport 25 miles to the south. Average 45 commercial flights per day
- Amtrak Passenger rail stop connects Dowagiac with Chicago and Detroit
Utilities: All utilities are in or along the street rights-of-way.
- 12" transmission line
- Flow approximately 2,500 gallons/minute
- System has 1.7 million gallon storage capacity
- Water filtration plant treats 1,400 gallons/minute
- Water treated for iron removal, disinfection, fluoride treatment
- 10" Sanitary line
- Pumping station capacity 80 gallons/minute
- Sewage treatment plant can process 2.5 million gallons/day
- Current capacity is 1.3 million gallons/day
City Electric System
- 33.4 KV transmission line approximately ½ mile north of site
- 10 MVA substation approximately 2 miles from site
AEP Electric System
- 34.5 KV transmission line approximately ½ mile north of site
- 69 KV transmission line ½ mile to south
- Substation is approximately 4.5 miles from site
- For rate information (877) 237-2886
SEMCO Energy Natural Gas
- 4" line
- Pressure at site 40-60 PSI
- For rate information (800) 624-2019